Friday, April 30, 2010

Breaking Barriers: Possible Stem Cell medical breakthrough?

Good morning everyone!

Happy Fridayyy!!! It's the weekend! Yay! Aren't you excited? I know I am, lol. My finals are OVER and I can relax. It's been a crazy semester. Those 14 hr school days 3 times a week were starting to take a toll on my body but I survived :-) Anyways, as I was doing my daily medical reading, I came across a video that I found rather interesting. It's about a gentlemen who has Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, (abbreviated ALS, also referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease) which is, a form of motor neuron disease. ALS is a progressive, fatal, neurodegenerative disease caused by the degeneration of motor neurons, the nerve cells in the central nervous system that control voluntary muscle movement. I know...sad, right? What's worse is that there isn't a cure for this disease. That is... until now! Through the use of stem cell research, a medical breakthrough is probable in the treatment of ALS. Check out the video below as CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports on the new stem cell clinical trial that is making history.



Now that you've seen this video, what are your thoughts? Did you find it interesting? Feel free to share your thoughts and/or leave any comments you may have. I'd love to hear from you. Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll ttyl. Take care. Peace, Love, and God Bless. This is 'thedoc' and I'm signing out. 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment